Instant Accessto State, County and Municipal Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

What are Inmate Records?

Inmate records contain information relating to persons incarcerated in Idaho prisons and corrections facilities. In compliance with the Idaho Public Records Act, the Idaho Public Records Law Manual, and other relevant regulations, these records are open to the public. Inmate records may contain information related to an offender such as his/her name, age, charges, date of birth and detention location.

Idaho’s Prison Structure

The Idaho Department of Correction (IDOC) has administrative powers over inmates incarcerated in prisons, jails, community reentry centers, and out-of-state facilities with which the state has a contract. It also monitors the 37 county jails in Idaho and one private prison.

Can Anyone Visit an Inmate?

Any person above the age of 17 may visit an inmate unaccompanied in Idaho. All persons under 17 are considered minors and must be accompanied by a parent or a legally appointed guardian (court order granting guardianship must be presented or a power of attorney, providing limited authority to accompany minor on a visit). Intending visitors who are minors must submit a visitor’s application form. It may be completed on their behalf. The accompanying adult must complete a separate form that must be approved by the facility before visitation. A certified copy of the minor’s birth certificate must be presented on the visiting day.

Visiting An Inmate

The IDOC is very strict in the application of its visiting rules and regulations. Any interested visitor is required to familiarize themselves and acknowledge that they have read and understood the IDOC visitation rules and regulations. Intending visitors must also complete the application for visitation forms that may be provided by the inmate or downloaded on the IDOC website. Before visiting a new inmate, the intending visitor must wait until they have been through the diagnostic and classification process, and housed in a particular institution, where they may direct their application to. Process for visiting an inmate in Idaho corrections facilities including the out of state facilities include

  1. Download or receive from an inmate, the applicable application forms and visiting rule
  2. Complete the forms and provide all required information such as name, date of birth, ID number, hair color, weight, height, etc and tick the boxes at the bottom of the form for a background check.
  3. Address and mail the application form or deliver it in persons to the specific facility in which the inmate is being housed, stating the offender’s full name and IDOC number.

applications for visiting inmates at an out of state facility must be addressed to

DW Higgins, IDOC
Attn: Visiting Applications
1299 N. Orchard St., Ste 110
Boise, ID 83706

Information on the name and addresses of the prisons under the IDOC’s administration is available on the section for Prison locations on the IDOC website.

  1. Wait for 2 to 4 weeks for application processing and background checks. The will provide an update or notify the intending visitor on the status of whether the application has been approved or denied.
  2. Confirm visiting days and schedules by clicking on the Visiting Hours link on the IDOC website or contacting the facility. Each facility has its own schedule.
  3. On visiting day, visitors over the age of 16 are required to present a valid photo identification and abide by all the applicable rules and regulations such as no electronics such as mobile phones or laptops, only coins allowed, no bills, no tobacco, no gifts or other items for inmates,and others listed in the visiting rules.
  4. Visiting applications apply after 1 year. Intending visitors are required to reapply,

Note: The IDOC facilities abide by a strict dress code and its possible to be turned back for not meeting the dress code standards. It is advisable to comply with the dress code provided in the rules and/or bring along extra pieces of clothing to change into if needed.

How to Send Money to an Inmate in an Idaho Facility

The IDOC uses the account management system, Access Corrections that provides real-time management of inmate trust account. Any interested person may deposit money into the inmate trust account by phone, online or through an authorized retailer. Access Corrections accepts cashier’s checks, money orders, cash, personal checks, credit, and debit card deposits from Mastercard and Visa (the daily limit for cards is $300.00). Charges apply depending on the method used.

To deposit money through Walk-in Sites, find locations and enroll Dollar General (call (844) 340-2274 to find a location) (call (877) 223-2274 to find a location)

Mail: Send Inmate Deposit to:
Secure Deposits-Idaho DOC
P.O. Box 12486,
St. Louis, MO 63132

Deposits may be sent to a Community-Based Offender through the

Secure Deposits-Idaho DOC P&P
P.O. Box 12486 St. Louis,
MO 63132

Community-based offenders may receive money from Kiosks in main IDOC Probation & Parole District Offices

The mail-in option is free. For information about applicable charges for all other options, the interested person may contact Access Corrections on their website or by phone on (866) 345-1884. Any interested person may also contact JPay to deposit money into an inmate’s Jpay media account online or contact them by phone on (800) 574-5729.

How to Obtain Inmate Records from Counties

Most counties provide public inmate information via an online jail roster or correctional web service. For instance, the Ada County Sheriff allows residents to conduct an inmate search on its jail roster by providing the first letter of the inmate’s last name, while the Bonneville County Sheriff’s web page provides a list of inmates in the County jail, arranged in alphabetical order and updated once a day. However, for some counties, information may only be obtained by calling or visiting the Sheriff’s Department.

How to Obtain Inmate Records from State Correctional Facilities

Idaho State Department of Correction( IDOC) provides online access to inmate information through its offender search window. Any interested person may fill in partial information such as the first and last name of the inmate of interest or their IDOC number. The first three letters of the offender’s name or the first three numbers of their IDOC number may be sufficient. The information available on the offender search usually includes the name, IDOC number, and status of the inmate.

Information about discharged persons or persons who have served their term will appear but not the charges for which they were incarcerated. There is no link for further information attached to their IDOC number. Information provided about persons who are current inmates of correctional facilities in Idaho may include the case number, date of sentence satisfaction, name of inmate, charges and sentencing county. All requests for records must be in writing in Idaho. If an interested person requires more information than is available on the offender search page or would like copies of a particular offender’s records, it is advisable that they send a formal request to the:

Records Bureau
Idaho Department of Correction
1299 N. Orchard Street, Suite 110
Boise, ID 83706

Idaho State Archives

State Archives

Search Includes

  • Arrests & Warrants
  • Criminal Records
  • Driving Violations
  • Police Records
  • Sheriff Records
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies & Misdemeanors
  • Probation Records
  • Parole Records
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Marriages & Divorces
  • Birth Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Personal Assets
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • Political Contributions
  • Unclaimed State Funds
  • Relatives & Associates
  • Address Registrations
  • Affiliated Phone Numbers
  • Affiliated Email Addresses

Results are based upon available information from state, county and municipal databases, and may not include some or all of the above details.

Tower of Old Idaho State Penitentiary

The Idaho State Penitentiary first opened its doors in 1872 with thirty historic buildings and special exhibits, including the J. Curtis Earl Memorial Exhibit, a historic weaponry collection.

  • There were over 1,240,000 reported violent crimes in the United States in 2017.
  • Between 2006 and 2010, approximately 3.4 million violent crimes went unreported.
  • Around 73 million (29.5%) of Americans have criminal records, many of which are eligible for sealing or expungement.
  • There were nearly 7.7 million property crimes in the United States in 2017. This represents a 3.6% decrease from the previous year.
  • Some newspapers have reported the cost of a public record can cost between $5 and $399,000.
  • In 2017, there were 1,920 presidential pardon requests. Of those, 142 were granted.